How to Contact Us
Mobile: Int: +61 (0)400 882 742
Mobile Australia: Stan Ellerm 0400 882 742
Emergency Services Use Only
To contact our groups in the field please phone the Satellite Numbers below
Satellite phone: 0147 151 431
Satellite phone: 0147 165 416
Tasmanian Hikes Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter and Instantly receive a discount off any Tasmanian Walk.
Gear Lists & Advice
We have 2 separate gear lists to suit the different walks that we offer
This list is for the following full pack walks: Overland Track, South Coast Track, Western Arthurs, Walls of Jerusalem, Lake Oberon Explorer, Frenchman’s Cap & Moonlight Ridge
This list is for The Maria Island Guided Walk only.
The following gear can be hired for your walk and is subject to availability.
Please note: We CANNOT supply clothing.
Each item is $20 per tour and is only available for Tasmanian Hikes guests. For Maria Island Guided Walk guests, these items are included and complimentary.
- Back Packs [65+litres] & Rain Cover
- Thermo-rest mattresses
- Macpac Down Sleeping Bags & Liners
The Layering System
The weather in Tasmania is varied and sometimes unpredictable. It is essential that you bring all of the items on the gear list. Below we have explained the layering system and its function.
The layering system consists of three layers, including:
- Base Layer: regulates your body temperature and wicks away moisture from your skin. Best brands are Icebreaker or any brand made from Merino Wool [not cotton items]. This item will wick moisture away from your skin and help regulate your body temperature. These products are also known as “thermals”
- Mid Layer: This layer traps the heat in. This item would be a fleece jacket, a down jacket or vest or soft shell jacket. It would be advisable to have 2 garments, one being lighter weight for warmer days
- Outer Layer: This layer would normally be your raincoat. Please select a good quality garment made of Gore-tex or a similar material. These fabrics are waterproof and breathable. This type of material lets your sweat vapour to pass through the fabric and prevents water vapour [rain] to get in
What to Pack Videos coming soon!!!!