How to Contact Us
Mobile: Int: +61 (0)400 882 742
Mobile Australia: Stan Ellerm 0400 882 742
Emergency Services Use Only
To contact our groups in the field please phone the Satellite Numbers below
Satellite phone: 0147 151 431
Satellite phone: 0147 165 416
Tasmanian Hikes Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter and Instantly receive a discount off any Tasmanian Walk.
Wild Hikes takes you into the wild South West World Heritage Area of Tasmania. The walking can vary from coastal landscapes to mountainous traverses.
The Southwest National Park has some of the most scenic, wild and remote walking that you’ll find in Tasmania.
We walk off track or on faint pads where other tour operators don’t go.
Have you walked the Overland Track or the South Coast Track and want to go somewhere more remote and wilder and where other people don’t go? Then a wild hike is for you!
We run unscheduled tours to the following destinations:
- South West Cape Circuit
- Mount Anne Circuit
- Port Davey Track
What you need to know
- Firstly you will need a walking partner.
- A Wild Hikes operates with a group size of 2 guests and 2 guides.
- Give us a call and we will explain the walk options available to you.
- Decide where you would like to go and we will give you a quote and develop an itinerary.
- Our walks start at a minimum of 4 days though to a maximum of 10 days.
- You will need to be reasonably fit, have some bushwalking experience and are prepared to carry a share of the group equipment and food.
- Departures are restricted between the months of December and March.
- The weather in the southwest can be unpredictable and you should be prepared for all weather extremes.
- We reserve the right to change or alter an itinerary due to floods, fire or extreme weather conditions.
The Cost and Inclusions
Please contact us for a quote.
- Emergency communication equipment
- Lightweight, modern camping equipment
- National Park Passes
- All food and rations on the expedition
- Free loan of any gear you may need
What’s not included?
- Charter flights: should you choose this option to get you to a tour start location. For example, Melalueca.